Is HP Support Assistant Update BIOS Automatically?
This question has been arising for a few days. Is HP Support Assistant Update BIOS automatically or not? Before, we go in the detail let us know the terms BIOS as well as HP Support Assistant.
BIOS (basic input/output system) is a PC’s microprocessor program which helps the computer system to start when you turn it on. It also controls the flow of data between the operating system and devices which is attached to the computer. The devices such as the hard disk, video adapter, keyboard, mouse, and printer.
BIOS is the main part of your computer and it is pre-installed with your OS. BIOS is a program that is available to the microprocessor on an EPROM (Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory) chip. When you turn on the computer, the microprocessor gives control to the BIOS program.
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF BIOS?
The BIOS guides on how to load basic hardware components of the PC. It also contains a test named as a POST (Power-On Self-Test) that verify the computer meets requirements to boot up in a correct way. If your computer does not pass the POST, you will get a number of beeps indicating that your computer is malfunctioned.
The Four Foremost Functions of A Computer BIOS
POST – Inspect the computer hardware and make sure that no error comes in your computer hardware during boot.
Bootstrap Loader – It helps in searching the operating system. If a proficient operating system is set, the BIOS will pass a command to it.
BIOS Drivers – Low-level drivers that give the computer basic operational power over your computer’s hardware.
BIOS or CMOS Setup – It is a configuration program that enables you to configure hardware settings including system settings.
HOW TO CHECK BIOS VERSION IN WINDOWS?
There are various ways to see your BIOS version within Windows. Your computer’s BIOS version is presented in the BIOS setup menu itself, but you don’t have to reboot to check this version number. The most usage procedures are explained below:
Review Your BIOS Version at the Command Prompt:
(1) To examine your BIOS version from the Command Prompt, hit Start, type “cmd” in the search box, and then click the “Command Prompt” result—no need to run it as an administrator.
(2) At the prompt, type “wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion”, and then hit Enter.
(3) Verify Your BIOS Version by Using the System Information Panel:
You can also get your BIOS’s version number in the System Information window. On Windows 7, 8, or 10, hit Windows+R, type “msinfo32” into the Run box, and then hit Enter.
The BIOS version number is presented on the System Summary pane. Look at the “BIOS Version/Date” field.
Is it require to Update Your Computer BIOS?
You don’t need to update BIOS of your PC, because it generally creates problems. You can update your BIOS only in one condition and that is when the new update version of BIOS has some features.
What Are The Steps to Update Your BIOS?
- Open Start. . …
- Open System Information. …
- Check your computer’s model name. …
- Find your BIOS version number. …
- Open your BIOS manufacturer’s support site. …
- Find the BIOS update file. …
- Make sure the update file is fresher than your BIOS version. …
- Download the update file.
- Make sure your computer is plugged into a stable power source
- Extract your BIOS file.
- Read your BIOS file’s README document if applicable.
- Plug a USB flash drive into your computer.
- Copy the BIOS file onto the flash drive.
- Access the BIOS page. Prompt your computer to restart by clicking Start
- Back up your BIOS if possible.
- Enable and use your BIOS update tool.
- Allow your computer’s BIOS to update.
Different motherboards use separate utilities and methods, so there’s no one-size-fits-all set of instructions here. However, you’ll make the same basic process on all motherboards.
Define the HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT?
The HP Support Assistant is a free software invented by HP in 2012. With HP Support Assistant, you can keep your PC running smoothly, optimize PC review, automate support tasks, and get help when you need it. All of this you get from one software.
Is the HP Support Assistant Necessary to the Computer?
No, it depends upon your requirement. Because an HP Support Assistant may tell you when new drivers available for your laptop, or an update on software/patch. It depends upon you if you want to use it or not. You also can even uninstall it.
I hope you understand that HP Support Assistant never auto-update BIOS in an HP Computer. If you are still want to get more information, contact HP Printer Support Assistant experts. You can also get help if you are not able to download hp printer assistant in your computer.