How to Fix HP Officejet Printers – ‘Printer Failure’ Error
This Blog is for HP Officejet 276dw, 6100, 6600, 6700, 6960, 6961, 6962, 6963, 6964, 6965, 6966, 6968, 6970, 6974, 6975, 6978, 7110, 7510, 7512, 7610, 7612, 8100, 8600, 8610, 8615, 8616, 8620, 8625, 8630, 8640, 8650, and 8660 printers.
We all use printers in our daily life. But sometimes we face technical glitches like Printer Failure. If you find problem with the printer or in the ink system of the printer. One solution that is always accessible for you is turn off your printer and then turn it on. If still you find problem, you can contact experts of HP Printer. There is always an error message is shown on Printer control panel and your Printer not work most of the time.
Step 1: Check for barriers in the carriage path
Clear obstacles from the carriage area inside the printer.
- With the printer on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Open the door to access the carriage inside of the printer.
- Look in the carriage path for debris such as crumpled paper or dislodged labels, and then remove any that you find.
- Use your hand to move the carriage to each side, making sure it moves freely. If the carriage is stalled or docked to one side of the printer and you cannot move it, continue with these steps.
- Close the carriage access door.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then turn the printer on.
If your problem is continue, go to the next step.
Step 2: Reset Your Printer
Reset the printer to recover from printer failures.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
Note: We recommends you to always plug in the printer directly into a wall outlet.
If problem is still there, contact HP Printer experts.
Step 3: Service the printer
Service or replace your HP product if the issue persists after completing all the preceding steps.
Go to Contact HP Customer Support to schedule a product repair.